13 February 2013

Tommy | Our Notebook



One of my favorite things about relationships (romantic or not) is creating traditions between  you & that person (or perhaps a group of people). One of the benefits of Tommy's military career was his time in basic training. Our only form of communication was letters except for a phone call or two. This was such a time of growth for us. Naturally though when we were able to communicate by phone afterwards there was not much writing. 

When our one year mark as a married couple came around I wanted to bring back that tradition of putting pen to paper for us. I actually had forgotten that I had gifted Tommy this journal until a few weeks ago when I rediscovered it in a box of packed books. There are few entries (two from Tommy) from the first in July 2010 to the last in July 2011. Even with just a few pages filled, it's still a treasure and perhaps slowly I will fill those many blank pages with some words. As promised earlier this month here is a note from sweet Thomas Raymond. It's the first journal entry of our journal.  

I love you sweet readers. Happy Hearts Day! 


______________________________


17 July 2010

Dear Claudia, 

Hello. Well, our one year was about a month ago and I am sorry it has taken me so long to write you. I am glad to finally start this journal. I think it will be a great thing to have to look back on. P.S. I love you. Well, you have been gone for ten days in California. I hope you are having fun. I have missed you a whole bunch and I can't wait until you get back so that we can catch up and get some good quality time together. I have had one great year of marriage with you. We have had our ups and downs, but I am glad to say that I love you more and more everyday. I even love you after a heel gets thrown at me. Thank you for being such a wonderful wife and doing so much for me. I appreciate you so much. Thank you for loving me so much and always taking care of me. I am looking forward to many more years of loving and taking care of you. I love you baby always and forever.

Love, 
Thomas 

Side Note | Tommy claimed I threw a heel at him during our dating years one day at my parents house. He says he clearly remembered it; I never seemed to remember this little incident. In my defense it was probably in jest. We laughed about this disagreement often and it became a running joke in our marriage.