09 January 2013

Thoughts | New Year

A small list of six things I want to be more intentional about this year and years to follow. What are some of the things on your list? 

Traditions | I want to be intentional about starting traditions for our little family. It seems like we've glady by chance started one this October by having a family style meal at an Italian restaurant Tommy and I loved while dating. We'd enjoy delicious focaccia bread, followed by our favorite barbque chicken pizza.

Photos | Often I do poorly capturing life through photos. I not only want to capture more moments in time but also go the next step and have them turned into something tangible. Artifact Uprising makes some beautifully designed photo books. How do you display your photos? What websites do you use to compile a book?

Writing | While having social media to connect with friends is convient something is lost through it. There is something so refreshing about putting pen to paper. It's been nice to do some personal journaling and also meaningful to send mail to friends.

Reading | Often I find myself fixed to the virtual world. I'd like to steer away from this and add meaningful books to my library. One thing I look forward to Brayden enjoying one day is Tommy's book collection. There's something intimate about knowing a person's book collection and I know B will enjoy knowing that part of his daddy. 

Venturing | I'm guilty of staying within my comfort zone. I live in an area where there is so much to see and experience. Here's to venturing out more! Friends, where do you like to go in southern California? Please tell!

Giving | As I had mentioned before, it's floored me all that people have given to our family during this season in life. Everyone's kindness has inspired me to serve others more. 

Photo | I've loved admiring beautiful blue skies of southern California since being home.